Crowds gathered in the oldest part of town Saturday, September 8, 2012 for a parade marking the community's founding in 1662. The 350th anniversary parade, along Walkley Hill Road, where 18th-century houses still stand, featured the Governor's Footguard, marching bands, antique cars and floats celebrating the Connecticut River town's long history.
April 17, 2011 Sunday 1 pm
Leaving from the Haddam Elementary School Parking Lot
Tickets are $10 or $5 for HHS supporters
Reservations can be made by calling 860-345-2400 or email@example.com
Join the Haddam Historical Society for a bus tour of "Hoe Valley" along Candlewood Hill Road on Sunday, April 17, 2011 at 1 pm. Led by Charles Farrow and John Edmundson the tour will focus on the D. & H. Scovil hoe manufacturing company which was one of Higganum's leading industries in the 19th century. Started in 1844 the firm built several mill buildings along Candlewood Hill Brook and became one of the country's leading manufacturers of planters' hoes. The tour will visit several of the sites learn about Higganum's role in establishing America as an industrial leader.